“Horsemanship is the art of mastering our own movements, thoughts, emotions, and behaviors, Not the horses”
Horsemanship is the Foundation
Silver Haven EQ offers equine-inspired horsemanship sessions/clinics that focus on learning the basics about horses as well more advanced communication and enhanced partnership building. Connecting with horses on the ground is fundamental to establishing a good partnership and relationship with horses, whether you plan to ride and compete with your equine partner or just want to do pleasure/therapeutic session’s. Time is also spent on observing herd dynamics and how they interact with the herd. Horses are extremely social and curious animals who have a strong need for security. Sessions are equine inspired as they are the best teachers of how they want to be interacted with.
Sessions/clinics are relaxed, fun, and interactive. They flow organically, using teachable moments as they present. This is a unique opportunity for those who want to understand horses and increase the level of engagement. There is NO riding in these sessions.
* No prior horse experience is necessary.
* Sessions are available once a week.
- Group Horsemanship Session (60 min)
- Individual Horsemanship Session (60 min)
- Safety around horses
- Basic groundwork and connection building exercises
- Cost and care of owning horses
- Identifying common illnesses and injuries
- Colic identification and prevention
- Grooming and hygiene
- Diet and nutrition
- Basic hoof care and health
- Basic equine first aid
- Trailering: Safety, training, and problem-solving techniques
- Administering medications and vaccinations
- Horse behavior
- And so much more!
Cups of Coffee
“The coaches are wonderful, and your children will love the experience.”
Ryan Ockey, Cardel Homes CEO